- 1 Tilapia
- ½ cup cooking oil for deep frying
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk green onion cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar dissolved in about 1 tablespoon of water
- Brown the garlic in oil. Set aside.
- Deep fry the tilapia. Remove the tilapia from the pan. Discard the oil.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cooking sauce, and half of the cooked garlic.
- Using the same pan, pour the cooking sauce into the pan over medium heat. Add the tilapia and the green onion. Leave some green onion for garnish. Simmer the tilapia for about 15 seconds on each side. Remove the tilapia from the pan.
- With the remaining sauce still in the pan, turn up the heat to high, until the sauce thickens. Pour the sauce over the tilapia and serve. Garnish with the remaining garlic and green onions.