- 1 kilo fresh large Tahongs or Mussels.
- 1/2 cup butter. (don’t use margarine, not good for your health).
- 6 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Soak the Mussels/Tahong with water for at least an hour to get rid of the dirt inside the shell. Then drain it and place it on a pan with no water, cover and cook over moderate heat. When shells opens up, drain it and remove the top shell.
- Melt the butter then add minced garlic. Stir for few minutes. Brush each Mussels/Tahong meat with the mixture, top with grated cheese and cover with bread crumbs.
- Arrange Mussels/Tahong on a baking sheet. Bake in pre-heated oven with a low heat (250F). Bake it for 10 – 15 minutes.