- 1/2 pound bottom round, sliced very thin
- 1 small head of green cabbage, sliced into shreds
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Asian style baby corn, chopped
- small can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- canola oil for stir-frying
- In a zipper bag mix soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, black pepper and 1/2 of the green onion.
- Add beef, refrigerate for 2 hours, occasionally turning the bag.
- Heat a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat, drizzle with oil, and add cabbage, onion and bell peppers, stir-fry until tender, remove and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle pan with additional oil, add beef, stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, add cabbage mixture back into pan, add broccoli and corn, mix well.
- In a small bowl mix broth and corn starch, add to cabbage mixture, mix well, cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with additional green onions.
- Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
Source: Kitchen Dreaming