- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed
- Old Bay with Blackened Seasoning
- Seasoning salt
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded (I used a parmesan-romano-asiago mixture)
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ tablespoon green onion flakes (can use regular onion flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil paper and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season top of fillets generously with old bay and seasoning salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- When fish comes out of the oven switch the oven to a LOW BROIL.
- Top the fish with a layer of the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it gently into the fish to keep it in place. (I always have a bit of the mixture left over)
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the topping is golden.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Notes: Watch the broil carefully. Some ovens broil run really hot! Garnish with fresh parsley to add a pop of color. Like bacon? Throw some crunchy, bacon on top! Yum!