- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 loaf, regular size or 4 cups day-old bread like pan de sal
- 3 pcs. chorizo de Bilbao,(approx. 60 grams)
- 1 cup julienne strips cooked ham, Chinese style
- 100 grams grated cheese, processed or cheddar
- 1 tall can (14 fl. oz.) or
- 1-3/4 cup evaporated filled or evaporated milk, scalded and cooked
- 1/2 cup water
- Grease loaf bread pan with butter. Set aside.
- Cut bread into cubes. Set aside.
- Simmer chorizo in 1/2 cup water till soft.
- Split and slice into diagonal strips. Set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add scalded milk and water, continue beating, strain.
- Pour over bread and allow to soak.
- Add chorizo, ham and grated cheese to the bread, egg, milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the greased rectangular pan.
- Bake in moderate oven 350 deg F for 15 minutes.
Source: Panlasang Pinoy Meat Recipes – See more at: http://www.kusinamaster.net/2009/09/zanjo-marudos-budin.html#sthash.Isaov35Q.dpuf