You know a dish is good when Filipinos have made their own versions of it. The Bulacan-style leche flan uses dayap rind in it, thus the sweet and tangy taste. With the sweet caramel on top and the smooth and creamy custard, leche flan is something you need to complete your day!
It is usually served in fiestas and parties, but you can make one at home all for yourself (and your family, of course;). So go ahead and try this simple and easy Bulacan-Style Leche Flan recipe!
- 12 pcs. Eggyolks
- 1 ½ cans condensed milk
- 1 ½ cans evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsps. Dayap rind
- ½ cup caramelized sugar ( ¾ cups sugar boiled in ½ cup sugar )
- Beat the egg yolks and add the milk, sugar and dayap rind. MixThoroughly.
- Strain the resulting mixture to make it fine; set aside.
- Pour caramelized sugar in a molder ( llanera). Follow with the eggyolk mixture.
- Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour until set. Remove from molds prior to serving.