- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. of minced garlic
- 2 shallots (or 1 onion), thinly sliced
- a 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 small chicken, about 1 kg., cut into serving size pieces
- patis (fish sauce), to taste
- about 4 c. of coconut water
- meat of 1 to 2 coconuts, shredded
- a bunch of green leafy vegetables
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot. Saute the garlic, ginger and shallots just until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces. Drizzle in some patis. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Pour in the coconut water. Drizzle in more patis. Bring to a gentle boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Taste the broth and season with more patis, if needed, before adding the coconut meat and greens. Simmer for five minutes or until the leaves are wilted.
- Serve hot.
Source : Casa Veneracion