Chicken Cordon Bleu is known for its French origins, but Filipinos have created their own version of the dish. Usually served in Filipino weddings and fiestas, Chicken Cordon Bleu is well loved because of the crispiness that calls you to take more bites of it, and the sweet ham and cheesy center just really takes us back to the base of yummy goodness.
Although the dish sounds fancy and expensive, it really has only three key ingredients, the tender chicken breast, sweet Smokey ham and Swiss cheese for that gooey center. It’s also very easy to assemble despite the complex feature it has, just learn how to use a toothpick and you’re ready to go. Try this recipe now!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and ham on top of each breast.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.