- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and corn kernels cut off
- 3 hotdogs, chopped into a small dice
- Heat your vegetable or canola oil in a deep sided pot, filled half way up to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, melted butter and beaten egg.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture and then add the corn kernels.
- Drop by large tablespoons into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning, until golden brown and cooked through in the center.
- Drain onto paper towels and season with salt.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard for dipping.