- 2 cups cooked mussels rough chopped. (make sure to remove the beard)
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts rough chopped
- 1/2 medium onion fine diced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chopped Chinese celery (may substitute Cilantro or even Flat Leaf Parsley)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce.
- pepper to taste
- Mix everything together and leave in the fridge, covered for at least 30 minutes
- Cut a crosswise in to 4 equal sizes
- Put a little less than a teaspoon of filling
- First fold from the bottom up
- Fold both sides over to make an envelope
- Roll all the way up and seal the end with egg wash
Make sure to drain the mixture well or the spring rolls will explode when you fry them.
You may also make these well in advance and put them in the freezer. Make sure you flour the tray and the spring roll when you store it because they will stick together.
Fry them at 350 degress until golden brown. The filling is already cooked so they can fry at a slightly higher temperature.
Source: Our Journey to a Simple Life