Summers in a Tropical Country can be the worst possible weather. So, why don’t we take advantage of the phrase “Being cool as Cucumber” this summer with this Cucumber Lemonade? If you’re tired of the common and over powering taste of lemons for your lemonade stand, then this is definitely the key to your problem.
Furthermore, this is also your chance to get a fresh refreshing drink. We can finally do away with instant powdered drinks that we often buy in the supermarkets. It pays to take in fresh food every once in a while. It does wonders to our health.
Cucumbers are usually used for salads and even beauty cosmetics but once you mix it with the sour taste of lemons, it actually makes your eyes pop out from a sweet single sip. And do not worry about being too lazy in making a juice drink, because all you need is fingers to push a button in a food processor. Get stirring with this recipe!
- 1 fresh cucumber (6 to 8 in), sliced
- 6 Lemons, juiced
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- Make a simple syrup by stirring the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just about to boil and the sugar has dissolved. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp.
- Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow to sit until you have about 2/3 cup of liquid from the cucumber, about 15 minutes.
- In a pitcher, stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, and lemon juice together. Add more water depending on your taste preference. You may also add the cucumber pulps.
- Serve cold and iced. Enjoy!