- 4 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 40 g mozzarella, cut into small strips
- 1 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 tbs oil
- Heat non stick frying pan over medium heat and cook bacon 3-4 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine mashed potato, egg yolk, onion, bacon and ¼ cup of flour in a large bowl.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into strips. Push one cheese cube into the centre of each strip, molding mixture around to enclose the cheese.
- Place remaining flour on a plate and breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Whisk milk and egg together and place in a shallow bowl.
- Roll croquettes in flour shaking off any excess. Dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Cook croquettes in batches then transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and serve hot.