- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups solid pack canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces finely chopped pecans (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin, vegetable oil, vanilla, and pecans until well blended.
- Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture just until evenly moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a non-stick pancake griddle or frying pan and scoop about ⅓ cup portions onto the griddle. Spread into 5-inch rounds.Cook until the pancakes have a nice golden brown color and then flip and cook a bit longer.
- Serve hot with warm maple syrup.
Source : Vintage Cooking