- 2 eggplants, peeled, sliced, and salted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease 2 sheet pans. In a bowl, beat eggs. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Dip eggplant slices in egg and then in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on sheet pan. Once all slices have been dredged, bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, flip slices and switch pans on shelves to bake evenly. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350. In a 9 x 13 pan, pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in pan. Place eggplant slices on bottom to cover.
- Pour another cup of spaghetti sauce over slices. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Place another layer of slices over cheese and repeat with sauce and cheese. Sprinkle basil over the cheese.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until cheese is melted and browning. Enjoy
Source : Coffee with Us 3