- 1 and 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
- water for soaking the rice
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 kilo sugar
- Bilao lined with banana leaves
- In a bowl, soak malagkit in water for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain the water from the bowl.
- In a pot, boil the coconut milk with salt until about a cup has been evaporated.
- Put the malagkit in a pot of coconut milk turning often to avoid scorching until the rice has dried a bit and has softened.
- Cook the softened rice in moderate heat and add the sugar, turning often until cooked.
- Remove from fire and place in a bilao (bamboo tray) lined with banana leaves.
- Serve either hot or cold.