- 5 kg fish (milkfish, carp, tilapia, etc.)
- 3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 cup brown sugar
- cooking oil
- Fillet the fish. Cut the fillet with 4″ length. The cuttings could be used for burger.
- Mix the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper together to dissolve.
- Pour the mixture over the fish fillet. Soak for 6 hours. Drain.
- Sun or air-dry until dry to touch. Pack in polyethylene bag and seal.
- Keep refrigerated for longer storage.
- Cooking it might be tricky, since you must have the right heat since too much will burn your cooking (there’s sugar in it) and too low, you might not be cooking it at all. When its perfect, you’ll have a dried seafood that’s crisp yet meaty and the saltiness complements the sweetness of it being a tocino.
Source: Kusina 101