- 1 kilo ox tripe
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sliced chorizo
- 1/2 cup sliced sausage
- 2 red and green sweet pepper(sliced into strips)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 carrots (pared and sliced 1-inch thick)
- 4 potatoes (pared and sliced, 1-inch thick)
- MSG to taste (optional)
- In a large kettle, cover tripe with water, and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour off water and rinse kettle well.
- Replace ox tripes in kettles and cover with fresh water.
- Bring again to a boil; then lower heat and simmer until tripe is tender.
- Drain tripe and cut into 1-1/2 cubes.
- Saute garlic, and onions.
- Add tripe, tomato sauce, salt, MSG, pepper, paprika, chorizo, and sausage.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, sweet pepper and chickpeas.
- Cook until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot. Good for 10 persons.
H/T: Filipino Food
Image Source: http://cocina.facilisimo.com/