- 1 package of ground beef (the amount is up to you)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning, about 1 ounce
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of plain tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook ground beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add all ingredients but the cheddar cheese and chips to the pot and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While it is simmering, pour the chips into a casserole dish.
- Spread hot mixture over the chips; sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top and put in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.