- 6 oz. ahi tuna
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 pieces long green chili, sliced
- ¾ cup apple cider or cane vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1½ cups cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well. Microwave for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Rub ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper on the ahi tuna. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Heat-up the grill. Grill the tuna for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the tuna from the grill. Slice into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry the tofu (two pieces at a time) until the color turns golden brown.
- Remove the tofu from the cooking pot. Let the excess oil drip. Slice the tofu intocubes. Set aside.
- Combine the tuna, tofu, onion, and green pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss.
- Pour-in the vinegar mixture. Gently toss until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Transfer to a serving plate or bowl.