The Jollibee fast food chain has been known for every Filipino child’s favorite restaurant. Along with their other famous dishes such as the Jolly Spaghetti and Peach Mango Pie, the constant cries and cheers for Jollibee’s Fried Chicken are normal to the Philippines.
Not only did the juicy and tender taste of the chicken itself capture the hearts of Filipino children, but more importantly the crispy skin covering it. Everyone is sure to be back if you serve the famous Philippine Chicken Joy. Try and make your very own bundle of joy by following this Jollibee Fried Chicken recipe.
- 2 kilos chicken, your choice cuts
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil for deep frying
For the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. five spice powder or ngohiong powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. fine salt, adjust if necessary
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Rub andpress each chicken with the salt and pepper so all the pieces is evenly coated.
- Next, to make the breading, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, five spice powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients using a fork until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer or deep frying pan for about 175°C.
- Coat a piece of chicken with the breading inside and out. Coat underneath the skin as well.
- Do it by pressing each chicken with the breading then shake off excess breading and fry it.
- Depending on the size of your fryer and the size of your chicken, you can put 4 to 5 pieces per batch.
- Just don’t overcrowd the fryer to avoid the fried chicken to become soggy and loose it’s crispiness.
- Cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in medium fire.
- Put the chicken in a paper towel or a rack to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite Gravy. Enjoy!