- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 cup boiled macaroni
- 200 grams grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp green chilies (minced)
- ½ tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- oil for deep frying
- Heat butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook over medium heat until become fragrant.
- Now slowly add milk and stir continuously so that smooth batter would form. Cook the mixture until it starts to thick.
- Add macaroni and stir well in the batter, then add green chilies, black pepper and salt. Cook the mixture until it becomes thicker and denser.
- Remove the pan from heat, cool it for 5 mins. then keep it freezer for 10 mins.
- Now start making small balls by using 1 tbsp of mixture, dust these balls first in flour then dip in egg whites and in the end coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil for deep frying in pan, add the prepared balls in batches and fry over medium-high heat for just 3-5 mins. or until become golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the hot fried Mac and cheese bites with ketchup.