- 1 kilo potatoes, peeled
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh milk
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Oil for frying
- ½ tsp black pepper, finely ground
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan and add a pinch of salt.
- Simmer until cooked. Dram.
- Put potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Mash, then set aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Fry tomatoes. Peel and discard the skin, then put in a small saucer. Set aside.
- Fry onion and garlic until golden brown. Combine with fried tomatoes. Mash thoroughly.
- Put in bowl with mashed potatoes.
- Add milk and butter. Mix thoroughly, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.