- 2 cups flour, sifted
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
- syrup for dipping
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the salt
- Add the milk and the egg; mix well. Knead the resulting dough until smooth.
- Roll dough into long strip about an inch in diameter.
- Cut the rolled dough into equal portions.
- Place portions into the back of a fork press. Roll the dough away from you to form a cylindrical shape. Seal the ends with some water.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Drain and dip in syrup