- 6-8 small oranges
- 1 lemon (Use the zest and juice)
- 6 cups water
- 1 kg granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons brandy
- 3-4 jars or canning bottle (Sterilized)
- Cut the oranges into 1/8- inch slices, removing the seeds as you cut.
- Stack the cut oranges and cut it into quarters.
Place the oranges into a stock pot.
- Add zest and juice of lemon and water.
Set the heat into high and boil the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Once it boils, lower the heat to simmer, stirring continuously
until the oranges are soft.
- Return the heat to high then add the sugar, stirring continuously.
- Wait for the mixture to change color to a bit dark from the previous color.
- Test the mixture, when the consistency is like a soft gel and moves slightly,
it is ready.
- Place the mixture onto sterilized jars.
- Place the bottled marmalade to a pot with metal rack.
Fill the pot with water until the top of the jar.
Allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jar and cool at room temperature for 24 hours before serving.