- 9 ounces tagliatelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Place a large pot filled with salted water over high heat. When the water boils, add the tagliatelle and cook for 9-11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large steel wok over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sesame seeds and toast until fragrant. Remove from the pan.
- Add the sesame and vegetable oil to the skillet. When the skillet is hot, add the chili pepper, ginger and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the wok and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally until it is browned on all sides.
- Add the carrots, pepper and mushrooms and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce with the chicken broth. Pour the sauce over the meat and vegetables and stir well.
- Add the cooked tagliatelle to the wok and cook for an additional minute.
- Divide the pasta between four warmed pasta bowls. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and cilantro and serve immediately.
Source: Zosia Cooks