- 35 gm all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 250 ml plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 70gm + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 200 gm potato chips, finely crushed
- 2 large onion
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl combine 35 gm of flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- In another medium bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs and 70g plus 2 tbsp flour. Whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Crush all the chips finely and place them in a bowl too.
- Peel the onions and cut them into 1/2 inch (1 cm) rings.
- Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment. Drizzle with 3 tbsp vegetable oil, then pop it into the hot oven for 8 minutes – or until the oil just starts to smoke.
- In the meantime, toss the onion rings in the flour mixture.
- Dip each ring into the batter. Let the excess batter dribble off a little.
- Then coat the rings with the crushed potato chips.
- Place the rings on the hot baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, then flip each ring over before baking for another 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt while the rings are still hot.
Source: Elinluv’s Tidbits Corner