- 1 package tofu cut in to desired size
- cornstarch for dredge
- salt and pepper
lightly dust tofu pieces and brown on both sides. set aside
- 1 package soba noodles under-cooked according to directions (since we will be stir frying the noodles, it’s best to be at least 1 minute before the cooking time.
- 3 cups of your choice of shredded vegetables
- (shredded yellow squash, carrots, cabbage onions and some minced garlic)
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 5 tbsp of soy sauce
- salt and red chili flakes to taste
- Stir fry the onions and garlic until fragrant then work your way down the vegetables from hardest to softest.
- Leave the vegetables with a slight crunch and then add the noodles, sesame oil and soy sauce. season to taste.
- 1 tsp prepared black bean sauce
- 1 tsp sambal
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1/2 cup water or your choice of broth
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- Reduce this mixture in a pan by half then whisk in the cold butter to thicken the sauce.
- Arrange the noodles in a serving platter, place the tofu slices over the noodles and sauce over the whole dish. serve immediately. ENJOY!
Source: Our Journey to a Simple Life