- Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce/Pesto Sauce
- Cheese (try mozzarella, shredded or fresh, goat cheese, Parmesan)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb fresh plum tomatoes, cut in half (or any variety, thickly sliced)
- 2 zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 1-2 Tbs chopped fresh thyme or basil
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a broiler pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Arrange tomato and zucchini slices on the pan. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Combine garlic, oregano and thyme (or basil). Sprinkle over partially cooked vegetables and return pan to oven. Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce, pesto sauce, or use no sauce. Add a layer of cheese and then the roasted tomatoes and zucchini. Bake until cheese melts. Serve with crushed red pepper flakes.
Source: No Empty Chairs