Remember waking up so late that you missed breakfast and all you need is a delicious home cooked lunch by mom? You can enjoy and reminisce the past with this recipe of Pork and Chicken Pochero.
In the Philippines, Pochero or Pucher means meat chunk stew with saba bananas or plantains. Now, remove that little frown off your face because you heard it right, bananas in a stew. Given the perfect of blend of sweet and savory, from the bananas and tomatoes, this is the definite lunch meal for you that will satisfy your overnight hunger.
- 500 grams chicken (serving slice)
- 400 grams pork (serving slice)
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 220 grams chick peas (garbanzos) – For dried chick peas, soak it overnight; For canned chick peas, just drain the water.
- 400 grams saba or cardaba banana (sliced)
- 300 grams potatoes
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 220 grams tomato puree or sauce.
- 200 grams pechay or bok choy
- 1 tablespoon whole kernel peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon salt (OR according to your taste preference)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1.8 liters of water
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan. Saute garlic and onion until light brown. Saute the pork for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and tomatoes then saute for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the casserole with water. Add the Sauteed meat and salt. Let it boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until meat soften.
- Add the potatoes, banana, chick peas, tomato puree and whole kernel peppercorn. Cook for 8 minutes. You can add extra salt or ground pepper as needed.
- Add the pechay and simmer for 30 seconds.