- 2 Lbs. of Pork butt or belly (if using pork belly remove the skin)
- 1 Cup of soy sauce
- 1 Whole garlic peeled & smashed
- 1 Small onion minced
- 2 Lemons
- ½ Cup of 7UP
- 1 Tsp. Ground black pepper
- 5 Tbs. Dark brown sugar
- 1 Cup of Banana sauce (ketchup)
- 1 Tsp. MSG (optional)
- Soak bamboo skewers in water overnight to avoid splitting and burning before using.
- Cut pork into ½ thick x 1 inch wide x 1 ½ inch long pieces. Slide pork onto skewers and set aside. In a large bowl combine soy sauce, garlic, onion, juice of 2 lemons, 7-UP, ground black pepper, dark brown sugar, banana ketchup, and msg.
- Using a whisk mix and dissolve ingredients really well and pour marinade mixture onto the pork. Cover and set in the fridge at least overnight or up to 2 days.
- Barbecue over hot coals or gas grill until pork is done. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy your BBQ.
Baste the pork with the remaining marinade to further enhance the flavor while barbecuing. Basting the meat will also help to keep it moist through the entire cooking process. Make sure you allow the marinade to cook when using it for basting, remember this is a left over marinade.
Source: Filipino Food Lovers