Originating from the Chinese food “Patatim”, the Cebuanos have made famous the, now, Filipino food called Humba. Humba has been one of the delicacies of the region, using pork belly, pork hocks and pork hams mainly to make this delicious masterpiece.
Everybody thinks that Pork Humba is at its best, but wait until you try this recipe and “woo” all of your friends and family in the party. Pork Humba with pineapple! It’s the same authentic Humba taste only better. Try this recipe now!
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 kg Pork Kasim (cut into chunks)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Tausi (without brine)
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 pc Laurel
- ½ tsp Peppercorn
- 3 pc Star Anise
- ½ liter Water
- ¼ cup Del Monte Red Cane Vinegar
- 3 pouches (115 grams each) Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 pouch (115 grams) Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce
- In a casserole, cook sugar and pork in oil until sugar has caramelized. Add tausi and garlic and cook for few minutes or until meat is slightly brown.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, laurel, peppercorn star anise, and Del Monte Tomato Sauce. Do not stir until it simmers.
- Add water and pineapple syrup. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer for 2 minutes.