- 1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups California Golden Raisins
- 1/3 cup finely grated carrots
- optional, 1 drop all natural red food coloring
- I grated my carrots using a microplane grater and used a food processor to make my power bars. If you don’t have a food processor, you can still make these but you’ll be doing a lot of chopping.
- Toss the peanuts, raisins, carrots into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until everything is very finely ground. The dough will be quite yellow, so add a drop of natural red food coloring, if desired.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Scoop out 12 heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 more minutes.
- Roll into balls. Use a toothpick or skewer to create grooves around each ball. Poke a hole in the top of each and insert a darkly colored golden raisin into each.
Source : Hungry Happenings