- For gelato:
- 1 can sweetened Condensed Milk (I let it pour out until it doesn’t, without scraping the can to get everything out)
- 500ml (2 cups) Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dark Rum (I used a whole cup, why not?)
For rum sauce:
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup dark Rum
- Soak raisins in rum for at least few hours. Since my patience is below level zero I used extra moist baking raisins. I only soaked them for as long as it took to get organized for this recipe.
- Put the condensed milk, cream and vanilla into a large bowl. Strain raisins, pouring rum to the bowl.
- Beat with an electric whisk until thick and soft peaks form. This is the only tiring part. It takes longer than usual for cream to congeal.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Scrape into airtight freezer container or a large loaf tin covered with cling wrap and freeze overnight (the alcohol slows down the freezing process).
Source : All That Jas