The egg salad is the least expensive mayo-based salad (compared with chicken, ham, tuna, etc.) and has been winning people over for centuries. No one knows who invented it, but it was most probably conceived after the invention of mayonnaise (in 1756!).
Egg salads are usually eaten on their own or used as sandwich spreads or side dishes along with lettuce and tomato. Add a dash of bell pepper and bacon bits and this dish can complete a meal! Try this (two-step) Best Egg Salad Recipe now!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet onion, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, minced
- ¼ cup bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mash all ingredients together.
- Serve on a sandwich or with a crudites.