- 100 g Whole Wheat Complete
- 70 g powdered milk
- 20 g instant yeast
- 5 g Bread Improver
- 100 g malunggay, blanched
- 540 ml water
- 30 g molasses
- 180 g sugar
- 12 g salt
- 70 g Shortening
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- Mix together flour, powdered milk, yeast and bread improver. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine malunggay, salt and sugar in water.
- Pour water into flour mixture and mix well until properly hydrated.
- Add in shortening and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Divide dough and form into a “baston” and cut into desired sizes.
- Roll in bread crumbs and proof for one hour and then bake at a preheated oven (350F) for 20-30 minutes.