- 4 Cups bread flour
- ¾ Cup warm milk
- 2 Teaspoon rapid rise yeast
- ¼ Cup white sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Tablespoon salt
- ¾ Cup melted butter
- 1 egg beaten with a splash of water (egg wash)
For the Filling:
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together warm milk, yeast, sugar and eggs.
- Mix flour and salt, add melted butter.
- Combine egg mixture to the flour mixture, mix well to form a dough.
- Turn dough into a well-floured surface and knead until soft and elastic.
- Place the kneaded dough in a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, and 3 to 4 roll in each pieces.
- Form dough into a ball, flatten it by hand or rolling pin.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of filling at the center.
- Pinch all the side together and twist to seal the edges.
- Place pinched side down on parchment paper.
- Cover with cloth and let it rise until doubled in size, about 1 hours.
- Bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes, brush the top with egg wash.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.
–If you are kneading by hand, you may have to add a bit more flour as needed so that it doesn’t stick all over the place.
–Use warm damped cloth or towel in covering the dough.
–Use all purpose flour as the substitute for bread flour.