While the word torta originally refers to “flat bread” in the Spanish and Mexican kitchen, we Filipinos know it best in tortang talong and tortang gulay. Yum!
But we know that everything tastes better with pork, right? So what better twist to your torta than savory ground pork, with the sweet and salty onion and golden brown potatoes? Serve with steaming hot rice and ketchup as the dip, this Tortang Giniling will be the dinner table’s star! Try this easy recipe now!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 pcs small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro (wansoy), chopped
- 2 pcs small red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- banana ketchup for dipping
- Put oil on the non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add diced potatoes until golden brown in color.
- Add garlic & onions. Continue to fry until onion is cooked.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Add ground pork and cook until it’s golden brown.
- Add bell pepper and cook for one more minute.
- Add chopped cilantro (wansoy) and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer cooked meat mixture into the bowl with beaten eggs.
- Combine cooked meat and beaten eggs thoroughly.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoonfuls of the meat & egg mixture in the pan.
- You can cook 3 tortas at the same time (depending on how big your pan is).
- Fry each side of the torta until golden brown.
- Repeat process until you used up all your ingredients.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Source: HeaRty’s Haven