- 250 grams spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Salt for pasta water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add two tablespoons of salt, cook noodles according to package directions. Set aside 1 ½ cups of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.
- On a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes, stir until it just begins to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cooked pasta to the oil mixture and add one teaspoon of salt.
- If the mixture is a bit dry, add the pasta water.
- To plate, add the parsley and Parmesan then toss.
- Season according to taste.
- Serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.