- 1 cup olive oil
- 60 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Assorted fresh vegetables (Carrots, cucumber, raddish), cut into bite-sized pieces
- French bread, cut into 2-inch thick slices
- Blend oil, butter, anchovies, and garlic in processor until smooth.
- Transfer oil mixture to heavy medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring, occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into fondue pot or other flameproof casserole.
- Set pot over alcohol burner or gas table burner to keep warm.
- Serve with vegetables and bread.