- 1 1/2 c. of digestive biscuit (about 13 biscuits) or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 4 medium sized bananas, sliced into thick diagonal pieces
- 1 can (397 gms.) of Carnation caramel or dulce de leche
- 300 mls. whipping cream
- 1 c. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sugar
Tip: It is easier to take a cheesecake out of the pan if you put the base the wrong side up.
- Line the bottom and sides of a spring form pan. Secure the paper to the pan with clips so that it doesn’t move while filling.
- The easiest way to make the crumbs is in a food processor. Add in the melted butter and sugar and give it a whizz to combine.
- Put the crumbs in the lined pan. Using the flat bottom of a measuring cup press the mixture firmly and evenly into the base.
- Arrange the bananas on top of the biscuit base.
- Spread the caramel evenly on top of the bananas.
- Whip the cream until thick, then add the cream cheese and sugar. Whip until combined, then spread on top of the caramel. Chill until firm.