For the sukiyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dashi stock (1 1/2 teaspoons dashi powder dissolved in 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 grams beef sirloin or rib eye, sukiyaki-cut
- 1/3 cup sliced firm tofu
- 100 grams Chinese cabbage (Baguio pechay), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onions
- 1/8 cup green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 250 grams vermicelli noodles (sotanghon), soaked in water until soft and drained
- Make the sukiyaki sauce: Combine all the ingredients on a bowl; set aside.
- Heat in a medium wok. Add beef, stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add tofu and cook for a few seconds.
- Add cabbage, carrot, onion, and green onion. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and sukiyaki sauce. Toss to combine.
Source : Yummy