- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or half and half
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and half and half; add to dry ingredients. Don’t overwork the dough. The dough should look like this:
- Gently stir in the blueberries. Divide the dough into two equal mounds. Scoop the mounds up and place on the prepared baking sheet. Pat into two 8-inch round by 3/4 inch thick circles.
- With a sharp knife or pastry cutter, cut each round into 8 wedges, separating slightly.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes, until just brown on top. Cool 5 minutes, then remove scones to a wire rack, let cool 20 minutes.
- Make the glaze: Combine the confectioner’s sugar and maple syrup (or half and half) and drizzle over scones.
Source : Vermont Cookie