- 25g (1oz) melted butter
- 350ml (1 and ¼ cup) lukewarm milk
- 500g (1.1lb) strong bread flour sifted
3 tsp easy bake dried yeast
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- Mix the butter and the milk together in a jug.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, yeast, ground cardamom, sugar and salt together.
- Make a hole in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid.
- Mix until a dough has formed and it comes away cleanly from the edge of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 mins.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hr or until it doubles on size.
- Then tip the dough back onto the flour surface, knead it again and then shape it into 14 buns.
- Transfer the shaped buns unto a lined baking tray, cover and let rise for 25 mins.
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
- Glaze each bun with the egg and bake for 20-25 mins until done.
- Serve with plenty of butter and some hot chocolatE
Source : Recipe From A Pantry