- 3 whole red or green peppers
- ½ box jumbo shells or manicotti noodles, cooked
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or about 2-3 cups homemade sauce)
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- If using peppers, cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Combine cheeses, eggs and seasonings. Stuff peppers (or cooked pasta shells/manicotti noodles) with cheese mixture. Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Place stuffed peppers/shells/manicotti in pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the filled peppers or shells.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired, and bake 5-10 minutes longer.
ALTERNATE PREPARATION: Add well-drained chopped spinach and/or other sautéed vegetables (mushrooms, onions, zucchini/squash, eggplant) to cheese mixture; stuff and bake as directed.
Source: No Empty Chairs