- 4 cups cashew milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 1 cup tightly-packed medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- Place the dates in a blender and add enough cashew milk just to cover them.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk, cocoa powder and vanilla and blend again until smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture until cold.
- Use this mixture as your ice cream base, following your ice cream maker’s instructions.*
- Add the chips/chunks at the very end of the cycle, just until mixed.
- Freeze and enjoy!
- Don’t have an ice cream maker? No worries. You can also make this ice cream by freezing the base in ice cube trays and then blending it up in a high powered blender or even a food processor would work if you add a bit of cashew or other plant based milk at the start to get it going! Then just mix in the chips or chunks afterwards and before freezing.
Source: Helyn’s Healthy Kitchen