- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp with tails on (thawed, if frozen)
- pasta, crusty bread, or rice, for serving (optional)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the wine or vermouth and cook until the alcohol smell has cooked off, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over pasta, crusty bread, or rice, if desired, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.