Have you heard about Fruit For The Gods? Doesn’t sound quite correct, right? Well, we definitely know about the classic dessert called Food For The Gods and this one is a creative twist of it.
From the name itself, fruits are added to the yummy dessert, making it yummier! The good folks from Del Monte came up with a handy and versatile canned fruits called Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. The Fiesta Fruit Cocktail is already used in a variety of desserts like fruit salad and fruit gelatin. Who would have taught we could come up with a whole new dessert out of this?
This dessert is unbelievably easy to do and if your like most Pinoys, you probably have a can of fruit cocktail sitting around. So why not make one today?
- 1⅓ cups All- Purpose Flour (sifted)
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Iodized Fine Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- ¾ Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 pc Egg
- 1 cup (+2 tbsp) Toasted Cashew Nuts (chopped)
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained for 2 to 3 hours)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 13” x 9”x 2” pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Take ½ cup of this mixture and mix with DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and raisins. Set aside.
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy. Add sugars and blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Add cashew and fruit cocktail mixture. Stir to completely blend batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 300º F and continue baking for 50 minutes. Cool slightly then cut into bars.
- Makes 24 servings. Share and enjoy!
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Baking Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons