- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 head broccoli, florets only, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, stirring in the broccoli during the last 3 minutes.
- Let the rice and broccoli stand off the heat until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Broil until the salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes, spooning half the soy sauce glaze over the fish during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve the salmon and onion with the rice and the remaining glaze.
Source : Real Simple