Believed to have originated from Iloilo, this authentic Filipino dessert and street dish has been loved by many. Specially enjoyed by students, Ice Scramble has always have had a distinct flavor that most don’t know.
Here we are giving you the secret of Ice Scramble: banana extract! Enjoy mixing and making this dessert in 5 easy steps. Relive the moments of getting out of school with a 10 peso coin in hand just to buy this pink sweet dessert by trying out this recipe!
- 3-4 cups shaved ice
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp banana extract/flavoring
- 6-8 drops of red food color (for pinkish color)
- Optional Toppings: powdered milk, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, mini marshmallows, candy sprinkles, rice crispies
- Mix evaporated milk, banana extract, red food color and sugar in a bowl.
- Add in shaved ice and mix thoroughly. You may also use a blender.
- Place in serving glasses or cups.
- Top it with optional toppings.