Lumpiang Ubod is a fresh spring roll mainly made from palm heart with a few other ingredients such as carrots, baguio beans, cabbages, shrimp, and chicken wrapped up in a soft wrapper into one bundle of healthy goodness. But don’t worry about not liking vegetables because with the yummy sauce that is drizzled on top will surely make you forget that you were eating something so healthy.
The sauce consists of a sweet sauce mixed with crushed peanuts, helping the dish in adding some crunch and sweetness to it. This dish does not require any special skills in wrapping because all you really need to do is roll. Try this recipe now!
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 100 g prawns, peeled and chopped
- 500 g ubod, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100 g Baguio beans, julienned
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 12 pcs medium – large size lumpia wrapper
- 12 pcs lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add chopped prawns and stir until it changes color.
- Add chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the ubod and carrots.
- Add shredded cabbage.
- Add enough chicken broth for the vegetables to become tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are just tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Wrap a portion of the filling and a lettuce leaf on a wrapper.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1-2 cups peanuts, toasted and ground
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- Mix all the ingredients together, excluding the peanuts and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat, then add the minced garlic.
- Serve with sprinkled ground peanuts.